ELSEWHERE

RAVELRY | CONTACT

*note: in the process of replacing images*

Friday, 29 March 2013

Thrifting in the Bay Area

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

[top to bottom: 1) Spice Stack spice rack, retail $24.99/bought for $7.99 | 2) yarn bowls $2.50 each | 3) studio pottery $2.50 | 4) plethora of kid's clothes, size 18 months+, ranging from $1-3 each | 5) plethora of kid's toys & books from $1-6 each) | 6) sewing patterns, $0.99 each | 7) fantasy/sci fi books $2 each]

While up in the Bay Area for Chinese New Year, I did a spot of thrifting. And by "a spot" I mean I found two really great thrift stores (this Goodwill and this Savers and spent over $100 on ALL THE THINGS. And not all the things I bought are pictured here, because time has already moved them into use (cardigan! t-shirts! A basket!) and also I can't be bothered. Despite the amount I spent, I'm pretty happy with the outcome - I stocked up on clothes and future toys for my rapidly growing giant baby, and found a few bits and pieces for myself along the way. Storage space ain't cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than buying things retail, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment