ELSEWHERE

RAVELRY | CONTACT

*note: in the process of replacing images*

Thursday, 19 July 2012

Post Baby Blog Post


Henry Fisher Hei Gie Woo - born July 14th at 12:06pm, weighing in at 8lbs 14.5oz.

I thought I'd write more this year while pregnant, but it turns out I just wanted to get things DONE rather than spend too much time writing about all the things I was working on. I wanted a fast turnover, and throwing together sentences to describe it all just felt like an obstacle not worth climbing. Pregnancy wasn't a huge trial on my body - I seem to have been luckier than most, and I'm recovering well - but it did impress a sense of urgency upon me, that I knew once he was here in the real world, life would be more straightforward without clutter or dodgy furniture or half finished crafts lying around. So these things were done, completed, sold on Craigslist, taken to Goodwill, sorted into boxes and restacked into closets... or just plain thrown out. I feel like a more capable human being when things are neat and clean, even if I'm sitting here 5 days post-partum writing this in my underwear and a breast milk stained t-shirt. Laundry can be done in an hour - floorspace would take days to reclaim now.

Phew. So onwards, I suppose. The new regime is beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Baby! Or Congratulations! Or whatever it is one says :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man....obviously takes after mom, right? ;o)

    ReplyDelete