ELSEWHERE

RAVELRY | CONTACT

*note: in the process of replacing images*

Sunday, 2 October 2011

October Begins



This is one of those photos that hides the sheer disarray of the side yard - no visible plant pots strewn around, containing the horrors of the breeding black widow. No cinder blocks waiting to be moved, no broken old rubbermaid container lid with cat puke over it. Everyone has periods like this in their relationship with their house right? Where you're stuck in stasis and everything looks a bit crap and you'd like to fastforward through the next year and get to the good parts? Good. Because that gives me hope for the future.

But anyway: October is here, and October  brings change in Southern California - the first rainstorms visit us this week, which makes for happier trees and the return of grass to the yard. I've listed the seeds to start or plant - carrots, kale, cabbages, celery - and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing when it comes to growing brassica. I just threw a bunch of clover and wildflower seed around, hopefully to make for more flowers and less weed pulling next spring. I have blankets, and cardigans at the ready, and my first pair of socks on the horizon.

Very mundane parts of life. But very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment