ELSEWHERE

RAVELRY | CONTACT

*note: in the process of replacing images*

Monday, 24 January 2011

Quick Links

  • 10 Lessons Learned From Building a Kitchen - there's nothing fundamentally irritating about our kitchen, but it's going to get a rehaul in the next five years. The cabinets need stripping/restaining, the linoleum badly needs replacing. I want to replace the sink with something more useful (and hopefully a stainless steel drainer) and the countertops are cheap, chipped and hideous. So when we do, I'll need this. I especially like the diagram of the lighting plan. And the mini sink. Now I want a mini sink.
  • If you're looking to back up your Flickr account, I highly recommend Flump. It's Adobe AIR based, so works across all platforms (including Linux). Choose a destination folder and it pulls all your public images back down to the device of your choosing. It also means you can download other people's streams... open to abuse, but also perfect if you want to take some of the public archives offline for browsing.
  • How to wind your yarn into a center pull cake [via Ravelry] - I enjoy winding yarn by hand, so I don't think I'll be buying a swift yet, but I do love the cakes that swifts create. This looks like an easy way to reproduce it, and it only involves your thumb. Or someone else's thumb, if that's the way you roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment