ELSEWHERE

RAVELRY | CONTACT

*note: in the process of replacing images*

Friday, 7 January 2011

I hope I'm not running before I can walk...

Big thanks to Doodlebug Yarn who, as a great start to 2011, have all of their worsted weight stock 25% off until the end of the month*. Which meant at $7.80 a skein I could absolutely justify my first Malabrigo purchase.

Look at it.



It's gorgeous! I consider this my gift to myself for suffering two straight days of a dizzy drunk migraine. Losing days to your malfunctioning brain is no fun at all.

And as a bonus: even though I didn't need it, I thought it would be a great time to try Cascade 220, because it's only $5 a skein and come on, these are chain store prices here people.



This will probably be a cowl. Double strand the yarn? Or small stitches. Or even yet: my first knitted project. We'll see.

One lesson I learned last year is that you really have to use yarn in the wild before you can really know what's worth buying in bulk or for treats. Beg, borrow and steal (OK maybe not steal, that's lawbreaking) scraps if you can. But more than anything: go for the sales and discounts like a rabid dog, and always buy more than one skein if you can. Just in case of apocalypse.

[*I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived today. For $5 shipping, that is the best value and speed I've received so far.]

No comments:

Post a Comment