ELSEWHERE

RAVELRY | CONTACT

*note: in the process of replacing images*

Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Quick Links

This week I have mostly been obsessed with The Brick House. I read through the first twenty pages and then just went right to the first post and started working backwards instead, following the progression of her ideas (some to completion). I don't share her overall precise aesthetic (I'm going for super cosy, she's going for awesome style),  but I love pretty much everything that she's doing - the thrifting, the furniture, the realistic spending habits. She even had a pink bathroom (part of ours, which does not look nearly as clean now).

Ergo, via The Brick House:
  • Wikipedia: Xeriscaping - " refers to landscaping and gardening in ways that reduce or eliminate the need for supplemental water from irrigation. It is promoted in regions that do not have easily accessible, plentiful, or reliable supplies of fresh water, and is gaining acceptance in other areas as climate patterns shift."
  • The Long Beach Antique Market - close enough to drive there for a day. Whether or not I can find and transport the end tables and credenza/longish storage table or cabinet I want for the house, that's another story.
  • Refinishing Hardwood floors - we have original hardwood floors throughout the house, with the possible exception of the bathrooms, the kitchen and the laundry area. Three rooms have horrible beige carpets with unfinished floors, as do the closets. I'm thinking that even if we can't do the rooms ourselves, we could at least try the closets? I don't know, it might be too ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment